Summer is fast approaching and after an unusually wet and wild few months, it’s fair to say almost everyone is looking forward to regular sunshine.
While at work, this means air conditioning is likely going to be tested in its bid to keep you staff cool, calm and collected.
So, this means a guaranteed spike in your electricity bill come summer, right?
Well, it doesn’t have to be. There are other things you can do to beat sky high bills, too.
Want to find out how you can save on your business’ electricity bill this summer?
Read more from the Perth commercial electricians at Wacomm, to learn how.
What’s the big deal with energy wastage anyway?
According to the Australian Department of the Environment and Energy, 35% of total emissions produced by Australia are to do with electricity usage.
High emissions, as you might already know, are a leading cause of climate change, rising temperature and water across the world.
So, if you’re wanting to do what’s best for the planet and your wallet, there are a few small but mighty steps you can put in place to reduce your energy usage, especially in the hotter months.
Weatherproof your property
Whether you work from a commercial office or at home, it’s worthwhile to weatherproof your home. Why? Because the existence of gaps or holes near your windows can make insultation in your building difficult.
So, what should you do?
If your building isn’t heating or cooling as well as it should, it might be time to get new windows.
This solution can enhance energy efficiency all year long.
Be electrical appliance smart
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) are the main contributors to commercial power bills in summer, but they’re not the only ones.
Make sure you and your staff do the following over summer:
- Turn appliances off at the switch when not in use (this includes the microwave and kettle)
- Before your business closes up over Christmas, turn off all appliances too (and make sure there’s nothing left in the fridge!)
Plenty of businesses are shifting towards going green (or at least, greener).
There are a few ways to do this.
What are they?
- Installing automatic lights for common areas such as staff bathrooms and kitchen.
- Rely on natural light as much as possible by dusting off and pulling back all window shades and curtains.
- Turn the lights off when you leave and let the cleaners turn the lights on when they arrive.
- Consider the necessity of leaving your workplace computers on all night – plus related electronic systems like printers and fax machines. This isn’t a necessity at all because no workers are there afterhours to utilise them.
- Upgrade all workplace lights to LED downlights – the most energy efficient and safe lightbulbs that are much cheaper long term.
Wacomm are the Perth commercial electricians dedicated to enhancing electrical efficiency in the workplace.
Let us provide electrical upgrades and maintenance now, to save your business money in the summer months.
Looking to upgrade and enhance your workplace electrical systems?
Contact Wacomm today to organise a prompt Perth commercial electrician to your site.